Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye 2013, and Hello 2014

I don't usually write about this, but this past year is definitely the year that I've learned the most. I learned a lot, overcome a lot and messed up a lot. Looking back at this past year I thought I should acknowledge the year I've had.

Thinking about the future terrifies me and until now, it still does. Aways wondering where I'm going to end up. I couldn't sleep at night worrying about the future. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I just worry too much. I barley get any much praises in my work or in my life. My self confidence was something I need to work on. I wanted people to be proud of me for what I do. I wanted to do something amazing and hear the words that I did a good job. This is something I always strive for. I'm not afraid to fall. All I know is that I needed to change. I needed to do something.

There's always this saying ''Just be yourself'', or '' Don't be afraid to be who you are''. This quote or advice is what I often hear but I disagree with this quote. Wyatt Woodsmall once said '' In order to improve yourself you have to become NOT YOU. This quote stuck with me ever since I heard it. As long as you open to becoming not you, you can constantly improve until you evolve into the best version of yourself, which that is my ultimate goal. Where as If you are always yourself, you'll have limited beliefs and you won't go anywhere. So from then on, I acted professionally and everyday, I'll be closer to that person I've always wanted to be, bit by bit each day. Then I eventually came to school with a better attitude. I worked harder than I ever did. I came to life drawing everyday over the summer. I did all nighters, not because I was behind but I wanted more time and also to be ahead. I finally realize what my dreams are. I want to be comic book artist. I have lots of ideas in my head right now and I can't wait to share the whole world.

This past year I've met a lot of people. I made great friends with some, got hurt by others and some leave and go. Thats life. I'm not that good in social situations, needless to say I'm a bit of a loner. Although I like to think I see the best in everyone, I have trouble connecting. This what I want to work on for the new year. Able to connect with others.

Happy New Years!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment